There are many, many books, websites, and stores to find what you need for a fabulous home hydroponics system. We’ve pulled together a few to help you get started.
This is a short list of some of our favorite books for learning more about hydroponics, plants and the philosophy of farming.
- Encyclopedia of Annuals and Perennials (Amazon link)
- How-To Hydroponics, fourth edition by Keith Roberto is a fantastic reference book, especially for those new to hydroponics. (Amazon link)
- Hydroponic Food Production by Howard M. Resh, Ph.D. This is one of the most in depth book on hydroponics. It is a textbook. (Amazon link. This is only a link for used copies. It can be ordered new for half the cost at Growco.)
- The Contrary Gardener by Gene Logsdon (Amazon link)
- The Gardener’s Reference, edited by Janet Marinelle
Retail websites we have purchased supplies from:
NYC area hydroponic stores:
Places where we like to buy heirloom seeds: